Loading, please do not refresh the page.
This could take a few minutes
Car Hire Wollongong, Australia
Give us a call if you’re looking for an SUV, compact, economy or full-size car hire in Wollongong, we’d be more than happy to attend to your needs. Alternatively, you can proceed with booking online and choose the “Request a Call” option for your payment and we’ll get in touch with you with paying over the phone and answer any enquiries you may have.
Budget Car Hire Wollongong
Your car hire in Wollongong comes in a range of options to satisfy all of your transportation needs.
Alpha Specialty Car
Mg3 or similar
Hyundai i30 or similar
Hyundai Venue or Similar
Compact Hybrid SUV
Toyota Yaris Cross Hybrid or similar
Kia cerato sedan or similar
MG ZS or similar
MG HS or similar
LDV D90 or similar
LDV G10 or similar
Toyota hilux or similar
LDV G10+ or Similar
Mitsubishi canter or similar
Places to Visit with your Car Hire Sydney Airport to Wollongong
A leisurely drive 80km south of Sydney will take you to a spectacular collection world-class beaches, exciting adventures, unique attractions and hidden gems that make up Wollongong. To help you plan your itinerary, we’ve curated a couple of recommendations on how to make the most out of your stay in the region and make new memories with friends or family.
Beaches and Nature
Austinmer, a popular summer beach resort located at the foot of the Illawarra escarpment, is frequently crowded with swimmers and sunbathers on weekends.
The suburb of Austinmer is an excellent place for a day trip from Sydney because it is close to the train station and the ocean. You can alternatively take a picturesque route from Sydney along the Grand Pacific Drive, which will take you right to Austinmer.
Visit the Headlands Hotel Austinmer around the point for a delicious meal and a breathtaking view, or stay in one of their gorgeous one or two-bedroom apartments to make a trip out of it.
Located at the southernmost point of a two-kilometre stretch of sand, Bellambi Beach is bordered by a reserve and offers views of distant mountains. With a boat ramp and a small harbour close by, the beach is very well-liked for fishing. It may be reached through the Wollongong shared cycleway.
Seven kilometres to the north of Wollongong’s CBD is where you’ll find Bellambi. With a rock pool on the southern rocks, Bellambi Beach continues south to the stream mouth and point.
At some periods, Bellambi Beach is a dog-friendly location. Depending on the season, there is a time-sharing zone where dogs are allowed on the beach at specific times.
Bass Point Reserve, a 72-hectare coastal gem south of Shellharbour Village, is home to one of the Illawarra’s remaining littoral rainforest sections.
The reserve is designated on the Australian Heritage Commission register for both its Aboriginal and European Values and is acknowledged as one of the most significant archaeological sites on the NSW coast.
The rich marine ecosystem at Bass Point, a well-liked destination for scuba diving and snorkelling at Bushranger’s Bay, a protected aquatic reserve, is what makes it a popular recreational reserve today.
Restaurants and Cafes
- Altitude 1148 – Contemporary Style, Reception and Function Centre, Vegetarian Options, Halal-Certified
- Anchorage Restaurant – Lunch and Dinner, Wednesdays to Saturdays, Good Wine List, Beer on Tap
- Bombora Seafood – Modern and Stylish, Reasonably Priced, Indoor and Outdoor Seating
- Coldwater Creek Restaurant & Bar – House-Made Dishes, Craft Beers, Family-Friendly, Non-Smoking
- Culinarius – Catering Services, In Operation Since 1988, Can Cater to 2000 Guests Offsite, Flexible Cuisine Styles
- Lee and me – Charming Terrace House, Specialty Coffee and Cocktails, Alfresco Dining, Pet-Friendly
- Lower East Café – Operating since 2010, Exceptional Coffee, Creative Menu, Open 7 Days, Alfresco Dining
- The Coffee Club Crown Wollongong – Alfresco Dining, Bar, Deliveries and Takeaway, Function Spaces
Bars and Pubs
- Adrift Pool Bar – European Luxury, Private Cabanas, Pool Access, Daquiri Bar, Pool-Side Dining
- Dagwood Bar & Kitchen – Indoor and Outdoor Seating, Asian-Inspired Streetfood Menu, Neighbourhood Bar Vibes
- Georgia Rose – Café and Cocktail Bar, Hand-Painted Murals, Water Views, Local Produce, Beers, Wine, Spirits
- His Boy Elroy – American-Style Burgers, Craft Beers, Wines and Cocktails, American Sports Broadcasts
- Howlin Wolf Whiskey Bar – Americana-Themed, 250-Whiskey Selection, 60 Craft Beers, Cocktail Menu
- Humber – 3-Level Bar, Rooftop Bar, Cocktail Lounge, 80-Year-Old Building, No Access for Special Needs
- Lux Bistro Bar – Café by Day, Bar and Resto by Night, Incredible Food, Relaxed Setting, Signature Cocktail Menu
- North Bar – In Novotel Wollongong, 80-Bottle Wine List, Specialist Cocktail Staff, Well-Curated Menu, Relaxed Indulgent Ambience
- Adina Apartment Wollongong – 19 Market Street, Wollongong
- Boat Harbour Motel – 7 Wilson St, Wollongong
- Coledale Beach Camping Reserve – 677 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Coledale
- Kendalls on the Beach Holiday Park – 33 – 35 Entrance driveway, Bonaira St, Kiama
- Bulli Beach Tourist Park – 1 Farrell Road, Bulli
- Discovery Parks – Gerroa – 107 Crooked River Road, Gerroa
- Argo Serviced Apartments – 65 Church Street, Wollongong
- Bel Mondo Apartments – 10 Keira Street, North Wollongong
- Hopetoun Villa Woonona – 11 Hopetoun Street, Woonona
- Ocean Blue B and B – 9A Murrawal Road, Stanwell Park