Our prices may stay low, but we can assure you of the quality of our rental trucks.
Cheap Truck Rental in Melbourne, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Brisbane
Alpha is your go-to for reliable truck hire. We take pride in our fleet of moving trucks and our capacity to assist customers with their DIY moving needs.
At an affordable rate, you can take advantage of our trucks with generous inclusions:
- 100km per day free (cumulative)
- A Hydraulic Tail Lift with a Lifting Capacity of 600kg
- Free Roadside Assistance and Standard Liability Protection
- Automatic transmission
Drive an Alpha Truck Today
Make moving day hassle-free with our strategically located depots across the country. We have moving trucks coming from Brisbane, Melbourne, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
If you’re moving with your family, you’d be pleased to know that we also turn to us for Van Hire Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast.
Why Choose Alpha Truck Hire
Instead of hiring a removalist service, renting a moving truck and putting in a little bit of hard work can save you money. Removalist services typically range anywhere from $120 to $180+ per hour, while our rental trucks can be yours from as little as $59 per day. We can also supply you with the tools and equipment that professional movers use, to make the job just that little bit easier. Our van rental Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast can also be the perfect match for moving a large group of people along with your haul.
Affordable Truck Rentals
Our entire fleet goes through regular maintenance to ensure a hassle-free moving day.
Professional and Friendly
Customers come first. Let us know what you need, and we’ll do everything we can to assist you.
Our branches are located across the country ensure that we can serve a wide range of customers wherever they may be.
Moving accessories, such as straps, blankets and trolleys are available upon request for a small daily fee.
Our free standard liability protection and 24-hour roadside assistance will give you peace of mind.
Anyone over the age of 25 with a regular open drivers’ licence and a credit card can rent and drive our trucks. What’s more, our trucks are automatic.
Every truck in the Alpha fleet has a hydraulic tailgate lifter. This makes moving heavy items a breeze. Just lower the lifter, load it up, press the raise button and your goods are raised to the container level. Combine this lift with a hand trolley and your move is much easier to manage.
Driving a truck for the first time can be a little daunting, even for an experienced driver. Here are a few tips to follow to ensure your truck rental experience runs as smoothly as possible:
- Give yourself time to get used to the truck. Drive around for a few blocks to get a feel for how it handles on the road.
- Break early and often. Remember, trucks are larger and heavier than cars. They need a little extra time to come to a stop.
- Avoid cramming as much as you can into the truck and hoping for the best. As you drive, objects can move out of place and break. Save yourself the heartache and take the time to secure your items properly.
- Drive below the maximum speed limit to give yourself more time to adjust on the road.
- Give yourself ample room to turn.
- Use your side mirrors as most moving truck hire vehicles don’t have central rear-view mirrors. Take note of any blind spots, and be sure to check these, too.
- Remember that your truck is probably significantly taller than a standard car. Know the precise height of your truck, and keep this in mind when driving under bridges, overpasses, and garages.
The following are not covered by the Total Protection Liability Waiver, Premium Protection Liability Waiver, or the Collision Damage Liability Waiver:
- Reversing damage
- Overhead damage
- Undercarriage damage
- Water damage
- Hail damage
- Negligence or Abuse
Please note that you will not have the benefit of Alpha’s insurance if the rental vehicle is driven on unsealed roads.
All vehicles are covered with 24-hour roadside assistance, provided by the relevant state automotive club. This includes all mechanical breakdowns. Roadside Assistance does not cover non-mechanical defects such as lost keys, keys locked in the vehicle, flat battery due to lights being left on etc. Costs charged can be obtained by contacting Customer Service on 1300 227 473
For commercial vehicles (3-tonne trucks and Pantecs) the standard liability is $6,600 for drivers over 25 years of age. If you opt into a listed liability waiver the figure above will be lower depending on the waiver selected. For more information refer to our Terms and Conditions.