5th Aug – Alpha’s Covid -19 VICTORIA – LEVEL 4 Restrictions Update
Alpha remains open at all branches across Australia. This includes our Victorian locations at Tullamarine and in Dandenong to service car rental / truck rental and Finance Lease customers. Our business activities are permitted in accordance with the list of permitted services or industries during Covid-19 restrictions.
If you would like to discuss the pickup or return of your rental or to cancel an existing booking, please call 1300 227 473. Note that any new bookings can only be made in Victoria to those customers who are supporting a permitted service or industry.
We appreciate your understanding during this challenging time for Victoria. We believe we offer a thorough Covid-19 Safe Plan per the suggested requirements on https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19, to ensure your safety and the safety or our Victorian employees by now also including:
- A multi-point vehicle hygiene clean and check being carried out between each rental, using specially formulated cleaners and sanitisers.
- Stringent cleaning and disinfecting of public and high-touch area are being completed by our employees at both sites.
- All Victorian staff must wear masks, regularly wash and sanitise hands.
- The practice of physical and social distancing with measures of limiting the number of customers allowed at one time in the branch, which will be based on the implementation of the four square metre rule.
4th Aug – Updated Customer Advice Regarding COVID-19
As the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation continues to evolve and cases continue to rise in many of our communities, we remain vigilant in monitoring the fluidity of this situation across the world. Alpha have taken measures to ensure the safety of our people and customers, whilst continuing to meet our customer’s needs.
With the travel restrictions now put in place by the Australian Government we understand that it may be necessary for some of our customers to change their travel plans.
What if I need to make changes to my booking?
During this time and until further notice, Alpha will not be applying fees for cancellations or change of booking dates.
Change to booking requests can be made through our reservation team on 1300 227 473.
*For customers who have not booked directly through Alpha, but through a third party such as Rentalcars, Webjet or Jetstar, you will need to contact them directly to make changes to your booking. Please refer to your booking confirmation email.
Possible Call Centre Delays.
As part of the global efforts to help contain the spread of the Coronavirus, recent government measures may have an impact on our ability to service your call as promptly as we would like. We ask for your patience and understanding during this time. Alternatively you may also contact us via our website live chat or contact the Alpha branch directly.
What further precautions are Alpha taking to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus?
We are currently applying all recommendations set by the Australian Government Department of Health. This includes frequent hand washing practices, as well as the sanitisation of high contact areas, such as door handles and countertops.
Stricter cleaning guidelines of all vehicle inspections have been implemented to include a more detailed clean. A strong emphasis is focused on commonly touched areas such as the steering wheel, door handles, controls and other repeatedly direct contacts.
For customers that have travelled internationally and utilising our shuttle service, we ask that you abide by the government’s quarantine recommendations.
If you need to travel to your location for isolation (for example, travelling from the airport), you are advised to use a personal mode of transport, such as a car, to minimise exposure to others.
If you need to use public transport (e.g. taxis, ride-hail services, trains, buses and trams), you must take the following precautions as instructed by the Australian Government Dept of Health:
- Wear a surgical mask, if available
- Avoid direct contact with other passengers, drivers and transport staff
- Practise good hand hygiene and cough/sneeze hygiene:
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet
- cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- and if unwell, avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
Alpha would like to take the opportunity to thank our customers in advance for their cooperation during this time. It’s important we all work together to minimise the effects of COVID-19.