March is almost here! And it brings with it fun-filled and exciting events all over Australia. Whether you’re a fan of fast cars or outdoor parties, there is something for you this month.
Events to come and see around Australia this March
It’s time to organise your March calendar for things to do around the Nation. Know the dates and book your rental cars to get you and your posse to your pick of events. Here’s what you can look forward to this month:
- Formula1 Australia Grand Prix (March 14-17) – Are you ready for some race action? Then head down to the Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix at the Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit this March. Witness history in the making as some of the world’s best speed drivers compete for the crown. What’s more, on-track events for racegoers will be available on race days.
- Moomba Festival (March 8-11) – Celebrate the city of Melbourne at the Moomba Festival. The Moomba Festival is four days of non-stop fun for the whole family. Take your family to the festival and enjoy the rides, parades and so much more. Some of the must-see events during the most significant community festival in the country is the Moomba Masters Water Ski Championships and the iconic Moomba Parade.
- St. Patrick’s Day (March 17) – Paddy’s Day isn’t complete without a drink and wearing your best shamrock-inspired attire. If you’re in Sydney this year, then come down to the Rocks and celebrate. See the Rocks transform into a lively Irish village complete with music, dancing, and of course, your favourite beverage. Remember to drink responsibly. Additionally, the event isn’t just for the adults. There are a variety of family-friendly activities at the venue so you and your kids can find something to do as a family.
- Mardi Gras Festival Sydney (February 15- March 3) – The Mardi Gras Festival in Sydney is nearing its end. If you hadn’t had the chance to drop by last month, then it’s worth making an effort to come and to see it on its final days. There are various events to look forward to, including talks from notable LGBT people as well as parades and other activities. Mardi Gras is all about colour and flare, so don’t forget to dress in your brightest ensemble and join in the fun!
- Adelaide Festival (March 1-17) – If you have a penchant for theatre arts, then come to the Adelaide Festival. Get a chance to see internationally acclaimed theatre productions, musicals, and mesmerising dance pieces. This year, Neil Armfield AO and Rachel Healy put together their creative direction. You can expect a variety of Adelaide exclusives alongside world premieres at the festival this year.
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival (March 27- April 21) – They say that laughter is the best medicine. So, if you’re feeling down and could use some cheering up, then make plans to come to the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. Comedians from around the world will leave their audience crying in laughter. Some of the acts you can look forward to, Ronny Chieng, Jordan Brookes, Deanne Smith and many more. Don’t miss out; book your tickets today!
There is always something to see and do. Grab your friends and join in the fun? Pick your events and have a weekend of fun and laughter with family and friends.