Everyone is keen on saving money, and most probably, all of us read articles on how to do such. If you travel a lot, then find out how to get the most out of your car rental.
- Schedule When You Need It – Car rental companies charge in 24-hour blocks, so make sure to schedule your pick up when you need it. Do not schedule a pickup that’s earlier than your departure time, as that would be a waste of both time and money.
- Book directly with the car rental company – Refrain from booking with agencies, as they tend to shoot the prices up, because yes, you’ve guessed it – they live on commission. Booking directly takes a couple of seconds anyway, and you can even do it directly, like on the website of this rent a car Sydney.
- Fill the car’s tank before you drop it back – Otherwise, the staff will charge you for the fuel, and multiply it by two. They will then add this to your bill, which can be so much of an inconvenience. Would you instead choose to pay double than easily pass by the gas station?
- Take photos of the car before and after using it – Use a camera with a date and time stamp, that way you will have evidence of the condition of the vehicle. Renters can charge you for repair fees, which can cost hundreds (or even thousands) of dollars.
- Make sure that you can take the car wherever you need to take it – Extra fees will apply if you take the vehicle to prohibited locations. That often includes remote areas, across borders, and off-road. So, coordinate with the rental company beforehand.
- Choose not to pay upfront – Most car rental companies do not require the customer to pay upfront, but just in case, follow this tip. Ask if you need to pay when you pick up the car.
- Ask for a smaller car – If you’re travelling alone or by pair, then it’s wiser to ask for a smaller car. An economical car does not take too much fuel up, so you’ll save more on that category.
Follow these tips, and you’ll surely be at the top of your car rental game. Drive safely, and have fun with your travels!