Let your kids enjoy the best out of the remaining days of their winter break! If you live in New South Wales, finding a place where your kids can have fun while being free of their gadgets, is easy. Whether it’s spending an entire day at the amusement park or finding a great camping spot, there’s something for everybody here in New South Wales. The choices are endless for the kids and your whole family to enjoy. Now, the best way to get to these fantastic winter destinations is by driving. Book your rental car and plan the road trip with your kids today. Alpha Car Hire also has an array of add-ons including child seats, GPS and more.
Magnificent shorelines, best surf breaks, and endless water activities, those are the first few things that come into mind when you hear Byron Bay.
During the summertime, it’s a popular beach destination for folks living in Sydney.
In winter, it is still a great place to visit with your family to do all sorts of activities together.
- Splendour in the Grass Festival. Entertain the little rockers at Little Splendour, a mini-festival that’s fenced in and is safe for kids of all ages. Drive up to Byron Bay and take part in Splendour in the Grass where there’s a jampacked line up of famous artists like Chance the Rapper, Tame Impala, Childish Gambino and more. You can also choose to spend the day at the designated campground for families called the Meadow. There’s plenty of activities to partake in including DJ Skool, interpretative dances and even surprise appearances from their favourite pirates and mermaids.
- Explore the Cape Byron Walking Track. The track is a 3.7 km loop and depending on your child’s age and stamina, can be started at several points. Thanks to its flexibility, your little ones will surely enjoy the trek without a fuss! It takes roughly two hours to complete the trail, but with the amount of picturesque ocean and hinterland views to keep everyone busy, it will all pass you by in a flash. Wrap up your adventure with some ice cream and quick drinks on your way back.
- Dolphin Kayak Tour. A kayak tour on Byron Bay is more than just paddling through the waters. The tour guides will lead your kids to an unforgettable experience you won’t soon forget. The Dolphin Kayak Tours will bring them up close and personal to dolphins, and allow you to take pictures along the way. Choose which package to take, and you can rest assured that all guides are qualified lifeguards and you will have a safe place for your belongings.
Try winter camping
Temperatures get low at night, but it’s a great opportunity to make more memorable childhood memories. Time to get toasty with your little ones on break in some of the great winter camping spots around Sydney.
- Booderee National Park. Most campsites don’t allow campfires but some make an exemption during the winter months. One of these is Booderee National Park. Green Patch and Caves Beach allow campfires for winter campers to stay nice and warm. A wide range of suggested itineraries awaits you, perfect for all ages. You can choose between a half or a full day adventure and pique your child’s imagination with wildlife and a ruined lighthouse.
- Werri Beach Holiday Park. This family-friendly campground promises a fun family trip for everyone this winter. Their facilities include resort-style swimming pools, powered and unpowered campsites. Kids can spend the afternoon running around or jumping on and off the jumping cushion named The Kangaroo Jumper.
- Treachery Camp. Disconnect from the world for a while at the Treachery Camp. They have complete showers for you to use during your stay. Before you do, make sure you have booked a camp space and to follow their rules upon arrival. You can take this time to explore the area with your kids and introduce them to nature. It’s also the perfect opportunity to teach them some basic survival skills like knot tying and plant identification. It will surely serve as a memory you and your family can look back on fondly.
Luna Park is easily accessible from Sydney. Here you can go on all the fun rides like the slides, barrels of fun and the Ferris Wheel among others.
Your kids will love the view from on top of the Ferris Wheel and the older ones will enjoy the daring rides at the park. It’s a day your kids will always remember.
Another reason to visit Luna Park is Winterfest. Every Winterfest, the park’s ice-skating rink is open for all. Enjoy skating and maybe even a few tricks while you’re at it. Winterfest is from July 5 to July 22 only.
Aside from ice skating, you can also expect a visit from Santa Claus himself! Christmas may not be for a long time, but he’s stopping by to say hello to all the Children at Winterfest. So, don’t miss out!
Winterfest passes come with the Unlimited Rides Pass. This allows you to come and skate with your kids as much as you want.
Found the perfect place to take your kids this winter? Let them have fun and create memories with the whole family.