Budget Truck Hire
Moving house can be an expensive and stressful exercise. So why not ease the burden by hiring a moving truck from Alpha Car Hire that doesn’t break your budget? Hiring a moving truck is not only more cost-effective than contracting a specialist removalist, but it also ensures that your personal belongings are kept safe.
At Alpha Car Hire, we have a range of large and small rental budget moving trucks available for hire at competitive rates. All our budget rental moving trucks also come with a generous 100km per day mileage, FREE roadside assistance and basic protection as standard to help ensure your move goes smoothly
Why rent a moving truck?
Hiring a moving truck has several advantages over contracting a removalist. You will save a significant amount of money compared to using a contractor, not to mention your budget won’t have to suffer. Let’s do the maths: a typical removals firm charges upwards of $120 per hour, while moving truck rental costs as little as $79 per day. You could save hundreds of dollars by doing the job yourself.
Our budget rental trucks are also available in a range of sizes up to 1,500kg carrying capacity. This gives you the flexibility to choose a vehicle of the right size without having to pay more than is necessary. All our moving trucks also come with a generous 100 km per day mileage allowance which is more than enough for a typical house or business move.
When renting a moving truck from Alpha Car Hire, we can also supply a range of accessories to help your move go smoothly. Contact your local office for a list of the equipment we have available.
Budget Truck Rentals for your moving needs
Our budget rental trucks are suitable for a range of applications, including:
- House/apartment move – Renting a moving truck is a great way of reducing your moving costs. You can save many hundreds of dollars by renting your very own budget moving truck compared to hiring a professional removalist firm. And because you will be responsible for packing and handling your possessions, the risk of breakages will also be reduced.
- Office move – Office moves can be stressful and expensive for both you and your employees. Hiring a moving truck to do the heavy lifting can make life easier, not to mention cheaper. Because office moves often have to take place outside of hours, hiring a specialist removals firm can be an expensive proposition.
Renting a moving truck and doing the job yourself will significantly reduce the cost and give you more control over your moving schedule. Having access to your own vehicle will also be more convenient should something go wrong during the move.
Features of our budget moving truck rentals
Alpha Car Hire offers a range of budget moving trucks with lifting capacity up to 1,500 kg – this is enough capacity for a typical three-bedroom house – so you should be able to complete the move in a single trip.
You won’t have to worry about lifting either because all our moving trucks are fitted with hydraulic tail lifts to aid loading and unloading. We can also provide a range of accessories including trolleys to make the job easier. These are all available at reasonable rates; please contact your local office for more details.
And don’t worry, all our trucks can also be driven on a regular driving license. There is no need for any special license or permits. The only stipulation is that the driver is 25 years old or older.
Budget truck rental may also be more cost-effective than renting a van or ute. A truck can typically carry more payload so you should be able to complete the move on a single trip. You will also have enough space for large furnishings such as sofas and wardrobes. Loading a truck is also much easier than a ute because they are fitted with tail-lifts.
Don’t pay more than you have to and enjoy the flexibility of having access to your own truck by renting a moving truck from Alpha Car Hire today!
Want to hire a moving truck?
If you would like more information about our budget moving truck hire service, give us a call on 1300 227 473 or complete the booking form above. We offer small and large moving truck hire with up to 1,500 kg lifting capacity at key locations including Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, and Newcastle. And with rates starting at just $79 per day, hiring a truck is much more cost-effective than contracting a removalist.
Truck rental FAQs
When it comes to moving truck hire, the process should be quick, easy, and stress-free. Here are a couple of common questions our clients ask the team at Alpha Car Hire.
Yes. That’s the beauty of our moving truck hire service – anyone over the age of 25 with a regular open drivers’ licence and a credit card can rent and drive our trucks. What’s more, our trucks are automatic.
Driving a truck for the first time can be a little daunting, even for an experienced driver. Here are a few tips to follow to ensure your truck rental experience runs as smoothly as possible:
- Give yourself time to get used to the truck. Drive around for a few blocks to get a feel for how it handles on the road.
- Break early and often. Remember, trucks are larger and heavier than cars. They need a little extra time to come to a stop.
- Avoid cramming as much as you can into the truck and hoping for the best. As you drive, objects can move out of place and break. Save yourself the heartache and take the time to secure your items properly.
- Drive below the maximum speed limit to give yourself more time to make adjustments on the road.
- Give yourself ample room to turn.
- Use your side mirrors as most moving truck hire vehicles don’t have central rear-view mirrors. Take note of any blind spots, and be sure to check these, too.
- Remember that your truck is probably significantly taller than a standard car. Know the precise height of your truck, and keep this in mind when driving under bridges, overpasses, and garages.
Every truck in the Alpha fleet has a hydraulic tailgate lifter. This make moving heavy items a breeze, just lower the lifter, load it up, press the raise button and your goods are raised to the container level. Combine this lift with an hand trolley and your move is much easier to manage.
The cost of hiring a moving truck varies depending on the length of hire, and other factors.
For daily rental, you can hire a three-tonne truck capable of hauling the equivalent of a two- or three-bedroom apartment’s worth of goods. When booked online for short term rental, our prices start from $79 per day and will vary depending on the time of year and fleet availability.
Smaller loads can fit easily into our utes that have a one-tonne carrying capacity.
If you run a business with ongoing transportation needs, you know as well as anyone that handling maintenance, inventory and financing can be both an expense and a hassle. If you need to supplement your fleet for a short-term or longer term, our friendly team we will provide a quote.