Cheap Moving Truck Hire
We understand moving house or office can be expensive and stressful. Get it done as quickly as possible with the help of an Alpha Moving Truck. We have a range of large and small rental budget moving trucks available for hire starting at just $59 per day.
All of our budget moving trucks come with:
- A generous 100km per day mileage and move lifting capacity up to 600kgs
- A hydraulic tail lift with a lifting capacity of up to 600kgs
- Free roadside assistance and basic protection to help ensure your move goes smoothly.
- Hand trolleys, moving blankets and moving straps are available for hiring (subject to availability) for a small charge, please check with our friendly branch team when collecting the vehicle
Who can drive the moving truck?
- Anyone over the age of 25 with a regular open drivers’ licence and a credit card can rent and drive our trucks. What’s more, our trucks are automatic.
Why rent a moving truck over contracting a removalist?
- You save a significant amount of money. Let’s do the maths: a typical removals firm charges upwards of $120 per hour while moving truck rental costs from $59 per day.
- We can also supply a range of accessories to help your move go smoothly. Contact your local office for a list of the equipment we have available.
Want to hire a budget moving truck?
Don’t dread the moving day, hire an Alpha Moving Truck and unpack with ease knowing you’re getting the best rate and quality service.
Driving a truck for the first time can be a little daunting, even for an experienced driver. Here are a few tips to follow to ensure your truck rental experience runs as smoothly as possible:
- Give yourself time to get used to the truck. Drive around for a few blocks to get a feel for how it handles on the road.
- Break early and often. Remember, trucks are larger and heavier than cars. They need a little extra time to come to a stop.
- Avoid cramming as much as you can into the truck and hoping for the best. As you drive, objects can move out of place and break. Save yourself the heartache and take the time to secure your items properly.
- Drive below the maximum speed limit to give yourself more time to make adjustments on the road.
- Give yourself ample room to turn.
- Use your side mirrors as most moving truck hire vehicles don’t have central rear-view mirrors. Take note of any blind spots, and be sure to check these, too.
- Remember that your truck is probably significantly taller than a standard car. Know the precise height of your truck, and keep this in mind when driving under bridges, overpasses, and garages.
Every truck in the Alpha fleet has a hydraulic tailgate lifter. This make moving heavy items a breeze, just lower the lifter, load it up, press the raise button and your goods are raised to the container level. Combine this lift with an hand trolley and your move is much easier to manage.
For daily rental, you can hire a three-tonne truck capable of hauling the equivalent of a two- or three-bedroom apartment’s worth of goods. When booked online for short term rental, our prices start from $59 per day and will vary depending on the time of year and fleet availability.
Smaller loads can fit easily into our utes that have a one-tonne carrying capacity.
If you run a business with ongoing transportation needs, you know as well as anyone that handling maintenance, inventory and financing can be both an expense and a hassle. If you need to supplement your fleet for a short-term or longer term, our friendly team we will provide a quote.