Solo travel is all about freedom and independence. The world suddenly becomes your playground and you want to try all the rides and experience everything it has to offer. In fact, everything is much more fun when you experience it yourself first hand. Which is why it’s highly recommended that everyone should travel solo at least once in their lives.Experience a solo drive at least once
Being hesitant about the idea is natural. You’ll be alone for a few days with nothing but your equipment and wit to get you through. But going on this adventure alone is also one of the best experiences you will ever have.
It’s something everyone should experience at least once in their lives as it allows them to see the world from a different perspective. Here are some other reasons why you should go for that solo trip:
- The decision is yours – When travelling with a group, everyone needs to have a say in the final decision. When you travel alone, you get to decide everything. You choose where to go and stay, and what time you leave. The best part is that you don’t have to wait for anyone. You can plan your solo trip at whatever time you choose without guilt.
- Hone your problem-solving skills – Going solo means not having anyone to rely on other than yourself. Challenge yourself in figuring out problems. Without the noise of your usual surroundings along with the different pieces of advice from your friends, you can think more clearly. This allows you to come up with a solution to your problems without much trouble.
- Build confidence as you go – Solo travel is a great way to get you out of your shell and show the world what you have to offer. When you see the world on your own, you have to learn to do things for yourself. With each successful interaction, your confidence builds. Before you know it, you’ll be a more confident individual, unafraid of taking on the world.
- Force yourself to grow – In line with confidence building, you can use your solo trip to grow. You become more aware of the world and how it works. Your views change, and you become more compassionate towards other people. It’s a beautiful thing when you look back and see how different you were a year ago. So, strive to learn and grow from your trip.
- Be comfortable on your own – A lot of people are uncomfortable when they are alone. Travelling solo gives you the opportunity to get to know yourself better. When you’re okay by yourself, you gain independence. With that, you get a sense of confidence that you never knew you had.
When you learn to do things alone, everything else seems less scary in comparison. So, pack your things and go for a solo drive. There are plenty of road trip destinations around Australia you can choose for your solo trip.
Lastly, if you need a car for your solo trip, you can rent a car from Alpha Car Hire. Alpha Car Hire has an extensive fleet of vehicles to choose from. From compact cars for the solo or couple travellers, sedans and SUVs for the families, and vans with enough space for everyone.