Haven’t you heard? The sunny GC is in the midst of an economic boom and just between you and me, Southport is the place to be. Renowned as one of Queensland’s first seaside holiday destinations, Southport once enticed the very prestige. Let us rewind the clocks to the days of the horse and carriage; the late 1800s saw Brisbane-ites in abundance attracted to the pleasant coastal climates and theatrical attractions.
Fast forward, its heritage may have changed, but history has made a comeback – modernistically speaking. Following a recent redevelopment and transformation period, Southport is once again your one-stop-shop for business and entertainment.
Places to visit in Southport
Located South-East of Brisbane (just north of Surfers Paradise), it’s a mini-metropolis neighbouring some of the Coasts greatest attractions; including:
- The Sheraton Grand Mirage – Boasting the Gold Coasts only 5-star beachfront resort, The Sheraton Grand Mirage is a holiday-goers’ oasis, surrounded by sparkling lagoons and manicured gardens. Should you find yourself exploring this tropical glimpse of paradise, be sure to cast your eyes to the horizon for sunrise so magical, it’ll stop you in your tracks!
- Marina Mirage – Encapsulating a waterfront lifestyle, enjoy the opulence at the Marina Mirage.
With superyachts and cruisers on view, the Marina Mirage offers a relaxed shopping experience, complemented by alfresco waterfront dining.
- Excite your pallet; the options are endless. From Italian cuisine at Fellini’s to multi-award winning seafood restaurant, Omeros Brothers.
- Sea World – Here’s hoping you packed your swimwear and flip flops, it’s time to slip-slop-slap! Sea World is the largest marine park of its kind in Australia and a must-see attraction on your Gold Coast holiday. With prime position overlooking the dazzling Broadwater, this aquatic theme park caters to all ages – a perfect family-fun day experience! From water slides and roller coasters to dolphin shows, not to mention the water-skiing performance (don’t worry… the fluorescent swimsuits worn in the 80s haven’t made a comeback). Explore Nickelodeon Land and its interactive exhibits. What’s more, you can meet your favourite characters such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dora the Explorer, and Spongebob. Note* Sea World is the Coasts only theme park offering onsite accommodation.
- Surfers Paradise – It truly is a surfers’ paradise! Stunning beaches border the entertainment playground by day. Meanwhile, bright lights illuminate the atmospheric social scene by night. This golden stretch offers the ultimate holiday experience. Additionally, the Q1’s SkyPoint Observation Deck displays 360-degree views of the stunning Gold Coast, 77 stories above ground. Cavil Avenue – a stretch of wining and dining, shopping and play. You are sure to snag a bargain at the night markets every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 3 pm – 8 pm. Upholding its tourism status, Surfers Paradise is a hub of discovery.
- The Brickworks Centre – #Foodie! #Brunchlife! The Brickworks Centre on Ferry Rd invites you to indulge. It’s the Gold Coasts’ boutique shopping precinct, as it features exclusive retailers of fashion, homewares, art and food.
- Broadwater Parklands – Located opposite Australia Fair, Broadwater Parklands is a massive community area and all-year-round paradise! The manicured shoreline greenery, features a Rockpool Water Playground, jumping pillow and walking/bicycle tracks – guaranteed to keep the kids active!
Enjoy the fresh sea breeze and skyline views of Surfers Paradise as your backdrop. A perfect picnic destination for you and the family.
So many places to see, so little time! Let us help you speed up the process. Lastly, get your to-do list ready, plot out points A to B and Alpha Car Hire will organise the keys.