Celebrated annually, the Virgin Australia Fashion Festival is one of the biggest events that feature world-class art, fashion, and ideas. Australia’s established and up and coming fashion designers will showcase their talents from the 1st all the way to the 19th of March. Beauty workshops, retail events, industry seminars, forums, live entertainment, and many more will also be featured during the show.
The event will be held at The Plaza in Melbourne. From March 14-19, renowned designers and models will be gracing the red carpet. Food and drink pop-ups, live entertainment and more will also be offered to the public. Here are a few things that you can do and places that you can visit at The Plaza:
- The Festival Bar. Get your beverage fix by dropping by at The Festival Bar anytime during the night between March 14-19. Refreshments from Asahi Super Dry, 6FT6 Wines will be served.
- Priceline Pharmacy Festival of Beauty Pop-Up. Get a makeover from beauty experts and advisors by lining up at this beauty pop-up.
- Lavazza Cafe. Have a cup of coffee paired with delectable desserts with your girlfriends pre or post runway show.
- Mist Wood Pop-Up. Up for some gin? Then drop by this pop-up, where you can get samples of gin-based drinks. They have a wide selection of flavours to choose from, which are definitely fun and not boring at all!
- Future of Fashion Exhibition. Visit this exhibition and see the future of fashion, and be amazed at the display made by the finalists.
- 6FT6 Wine Garden. The 6FT6 pop-up will be your gateway to the pre and post show moments. Go on and socialize with fellow fashion lovers by relaxing at this pop-up, while having some drinks with your newfound friends.
Post a picture of you and your friends at The Plaza and include the hashtag #THEPLAZA, and you just might be featured on their social media accounts and even on their website.
The 2017 National Designer Award Finalists
One of the most prestigious award in fashion, namely the National Designer Awards, has finally released the names of their finalists:
- Lois Hazel from Victoria
- EXINFINITIS from Victoria
- Anna Quan from New South Wales
- Third Form for New South Wales
- Kloke from Victoria
- Kacey/Devlin from New South Wales
Judges will include Graeme Lewsey, David Collins, David Jones, Beth and Tessa MacGraw, and Kellie Hush. The winner will receive a high-value business development prize pack worth over 100,000 AUD, cash prize of 15,000 AUD, an engraved trophy, a Harper’s Bazaar look book styling assistance, and many, many more.
Hot tips and suggestions
Whether it’s your first time to attend the event/s, it’s a must to prepare at least a month before it. Tickets are now on sale, and they are selling like hotcakes. Plan ahead and list which ones you will attend, and proceed to buy tickets as early as now. We suggest renting a car in Melbourne to make the experience convenient and pleasurable for you and your friends. Lastly, follow the festival’s blog page, facebook page, and twitter account to be fully updated.
Check out alpha car hire Melbourne airport and have a fun experience at the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival this year!