Adelaide is known as the city of churches. But if you’re looking for places other than churches and vineyards to visit. Why not explore all Adelaide has to offer.
Cool places around Adelaide
Unwind from the work week with a drive through Adelaide. Getaway from the hustle and bustle of the big city. What’s more, to give you a better idea of where to go in and around Adelaide, here are a few of the coolest places you can visit for a weekend getaway:
- Mount Lofty Botanic Garden – Mount Lofty in Adelaide Hills allows you to walk through nature surrounded by colours of every hue. It’s the perfect place for artists looking for inspiration. It’s also a great place to unwind and take a stroll. The 97-hectare garden has various tree-lined paths that will lead you directly through the park.
- State Library of South Australia – If you or a friend love books and enjoy being surrounded by books, then the State Library of South Australia is the place for you. The State Library of South Australia is one of the most beautiful libraries in the world. The library has a unique feel to it and will transport you to a fantasy world. It has antique books that will pique curiosity.
- Onkaparinga Gorge – There’s nothing like a good hike to get your blood pumping. Hike through Onkaparinga Gorge and be surrounded by nature. Once you descend the gorge, reward yourself with a quick swim in the water hole. A long walk is a great way to unwind and forget your troubles for the day. If you’re going for the trail, don’t forget to stock up on snacks and water to help fuel you during the hike.
- Mount Osmond Reserve – Another hike to consider is the Mount Osmond Reserve. Once you conquer the walk, your reward is a spectacular view of Adelaide. From here, you can see the city skyline in its entirety.
- Adelaide Oval – Aussies love watching a good game of footy. Adelaide Oval has fast become one of the most iconic footy stadiums in the country. However, footy isn’t the only thing Adelaide Oval has to offer its fans. Visitors can climb the rooftop and catch a glimpse of the sunset.
These are just some of the many places you can come and check out in Adelaide. The vineyards and wineries remain Adelaide’s top attractions. Finally, to get to any of these fantastic destinations in and around Adelaide, don’t forget to book car hire from Adelaide. With a hired car, you can come and go at your own time without worrying about public transport schedules.