Christmas is only a few days away. Have you figured out where to spend the holidays? If not, consider celebrating Christmas in Melbourne.
Melbourne is a great place to spend the holidays. There are plenty of things to do and attractions to see. What’s more, there’s nothing quite like spending the holiday cheer with your loved ones surrounded by lights and the smell of Christmas in the air. Now is your chance to experience Christmas in Melbourne with these fun events in the city:
- Carols at Como Park – Come to Como Park this Sunday for some Christmas carols. Pack a picnic, and enjoy the melody at the park. Sing along to the tunes and meet some of Australia’s most popular music talent. You can catch the carols at Como Park on December 16 between 7:30 to 9:30 in the evening. Expect there to be plenty of people, so make sure to get there early to secure a spot.
- Frankston’s Christmas Tree – What’s Christmas without a tree? The giant tree in the middle of Frankston gives the festive feel to the entire city. The tree has seen some changes over the years, but it still lights up the town during this time of the year. And it doesn’t feel like Christmas without looking up and smiling at the twinkling lights upon its branches. Come to Frankston between November 24 to December 24 to see the giant Christmas tree in all its glory.
- Crown’s Christmas Spectacular – Christmas is the time for reunions and get-togethers. If you’re looking for a venue for these events, then choose the Crown. The Crown offers a variety of restaurants and eateries that are sure to accommodate everyone and their tastes. What’s more, Crown Gifts cards make excellent presents for loved ones. Keep that in mind if you still haven’t gotten everyone a gift. Finally, enjoy the venue’s extravagant decorations and animatronics on display from now until January 1.
- Christmas Lunch at Akachochin – Treat your spouse this Christmas at Akachochin. On Christmas day, they are offering a five-course meal for only $89. A kid’s menu is also available for $29. There will be limited seating, so book your seats well in advance for the best Christmas lunch in the city.
- Melbourne Christmas Lights – Melbourne residents take it upon themselves to decorate their homes for the holidays. It’s a tradition to walk or drive through the streets of the city in search of these spectacular lights. If you want to be part of the action, then head down to Thomson Street in Northcote. There are others in the area including The Boulevard in Ivanhoe. But they have yet to declare when they can display their lights. Don’t be blinded by the lights. Christmas is still all about spending time with your loved ones. Cherish these moments and always remember what the holidays are about.
While you’re making plans to go to any of these events, consider how you will get there. If you’re flying into the city, then get a car hire in Melbourne. That way, you can drive you and your family to these Christmas events in time.
Additionally, if you are travelling with kids, then rent a car seat for them. That way, you can drive knowing everyone is safe. If you’re unfamiliar with the area, a GPS is also available upon request for a minimal fee.